Barnstable Clean Water Coalition (BCWC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a mission to restore and preserve clean water throughout Barnstable. BCWC is looking to fill a full-time leadership position for an Ecological Restoration Manager. The Ecological Restoration Manager will facilitate and coordinate restoration projects for improvement of water quality in the Three Bays watershed in Barnstable, MA, with a focus on nutrient reduction and climate change resilience.
• Form and maintain key partnership relationships including, but not limited to landowners (cranberry farmers, residents), technical and financial assistance partners (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Geological Survey, The Nature Conservancy, MA Division of Ecological Restoration), municipalities and related organizations (the Town of Barnstable, Conservation Commission, Cape Cod Commission), and other non-profit partners (Barnstable Land Trust).
• Coordinate project meetings with key stakeholders.
• Manage all contracts, permits and agreements associated with restoration projects.
• Organize sampling and testing of identified sites for feasibility studies.
• Research potential funding sources and complete prospective grant applications.
• Write and prepare communications for public outreach and education, including the BCWC quarterly newsletter, and publications for stakeholder solicitation and involvement.
• Create long term timelines, with phased project deadlines to efficiently move projects forward.
• Master’s degree preferred; bachelor’s degree in biology, environmental or marine science, ecology, or similar field.
• Proficient in Microsoft programs, GIS a plus.
• Knowledge of or interest in Cape Cod ecology and geography, nutrient/ecological issues and the Clean Water Act.
• Experience in nutrient management strategies.
• Experience in grant writing preferred.
• Previous involvement in ecological restoration, land conservation or project management required.
• Experience managing staff and volunteers required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Heather Rockwell at email@example.com. Application deadline is Monday, July 31st . Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Barnstable Clean Water Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.