(LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE)
- Build, test and deploy client registration/event web sites.
- Serve as the primary technical contact for events and clients.
- Act as CDS liaison for technical issues.
- Import, clean, set up and support databases as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by department manager.
Essential Team Functions
- Attend all event-specific and company meetings.
- Primary point of contact for onsite staff for assigned events.
- Option to travel to shows in support of client events.
- Occasional nights and weekends may be required.
- Provide custom configurations and support as required.
Technical Skills Required
- Web development and Legacy Code Maintenance.
- PHP experience required.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Classic ASP (VB Script) or other web scripting languages are a benefit
- Experience using contemporary Web Development languages, frameworks and practices
- SQL, stored procedures
- Experience using Jira, Bitbucket, SQL Server, and SVN/GIT preferred
- Understanding and experience working with Agile Methodologies.
- Experience using Visual Studio, Laravel, angular, react, Vue, asp.net, and .net MVC a plus!
- Solid organizational (detail oriented), analytical, customer service, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, work on multiple tasks simultaneously and perform within tight time constraints.
- Must be a team player and ability to produce high quality coding while adhering to coding best practices.
- Creative and able to customize with a quick turnaround.
- must be able to sit for extended periods of time; must be able to use computer and telephone equipment, including typing on keyboard;
Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience is preferred. Web site team authoring, team programming experience is preferred.
- Convention Data Services
- Denise Hughes, SHRM-CP
- 7 Technology Park Drive Bourne, MA 02532
Convention Data Services (CDS)—one of the largest private employers on Cape Cod—is a software development company delivering customized products and services to the tradeshow industry worldwide.
CDS builds the software that drives conventions. Our SaaS and mobile applications handle more than 1.5 million registrations and 2.5 million leads every year across 300+ events in the US and abroad. We are 30 years old and stable with the energy and growth of a startup.