The Board of Directors of the Waquoit Bay Reserve Foundation (WBRF), a 501(c) 3 organization in partnership with the Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve (WBNERR) is seeking an energetic person to co-teach weekly sessions related to estuary ecology. Children in in grades 2 – 9 attend weekly sessions from July through mid- August at the Waquoit Bay Reserve located at 131 Waquoit Highway, East Falmouth, MA.
Program Flyer with course descriptions can be found at: https://www.waquoitbayreserve.org/wbrf/science-school/
This is a seasonal contract position that does not provide any benefits. The contract term begins at the end of June and continues through mid-August.
- Attend up to five paid training/orientation sessions at the Waquoit Bay Reserve to work with Science School Director and Reserve Education staff to plan, design and organize summer school programs.
- Provide planning and teaching for 7 week-long educational experiences for children in grades 2 through 9 that encourage curiosity in science and the natural world.
- Conduct engaging, hands-on lessons and activities in the classroom, woodlands, salt marshes and shoreline within the Waquoit Bay Reserve.
- Teach and demonstrate principals of sustainability and stewardship in all programs.
- Facilitate a weekly open house presentation for families to highlight student activities and achievements.
- Participate in a wrap-up meeting at the end of the season.
- Monday through Friday, 8:15AM to 4PM.
· Experience working with children
· Outdoor education and/or field experience a plus
· Current CPR/ First Aid certification required prior to start date.
- Must be knowledgeable about coastal ecology and comfortable working in the field and handling live marine invertebrates.
- Degree in a related field is a plus
To apply please send resume, cover letter and three references to: Waquoitbayscienceschool@gmail.com
Posting will remain active until position is filled.
Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
P.O. Box 3092
Waquoit, MA 02536
Tel. 508-457-0495 x108