The Solar Field Technician is responsible for the scheduling and completion of all service and warranty related work. This position will interact closely with the local services manager and will assist our in-house electrician based in Sandwich, MA.
- Organize and maintain the warranty and service schedule ensuring the timely completion of service and warranty work with an emphasis on safety, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Assist our in-house electrician with the following duties:
- Troubleshoot and resolve solar warranty and service issues that arise with: modules, inverters, monitoring and balance of system components
- Restore communication to all non- communicating systems
- Diagnose network functions, IP address knowledge, internet connection and troubleshooting
- Record and submit service activity on company software platforms
- Diagnose PV system communication issues, and administer corrective action
- Assist with other tasks including solar site surveys and shade analysis when assigned
- Plan the on-site installation, working off of plan designs
- work with team to pull inventory for each installation job, ensuring adequate inventory for truck load
- Understand all aspects of roof rack attachments, flashing, L-feet, or ground mount racking.
- Understand safe operation of tools, ladders, lifts, etc in line with OSHA 10
- Layout and assembly of array mounting hardware.
- Work with team to reinforce attic roof structures as needed.
- Assist the team with getting materials unloaded from truck and up to the roof.
- Insure installation tasks are completed efficiently while insuring safety.
- Understand daily progress milestones to meet installation schedule.
- Operate within chain of command and communicate daily progress to project manager.
- Document completion of job with photos
- Clean up of job site
- Attend training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
- Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Two-year technical School degree in applied science or engineering required.
- Must be experienced in using common electronic equipment used in communications and solar monitoring.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional appearance and interaction * Strong computer skills
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers to determine accuracy of work
- Ability to interact with co-workers and participate in meetings
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces which requires frequent bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, turning, standing, and balance
- Ability to work in outdoor weather
$17-$23/hour based on experience. Excellent training and on-the job experience.
This position is based in our Sandwich, MA office located on beautiful Cape Cod.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Technical Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- solar technical support and monitoring: 1 year (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)