Located in the U.S. and a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid is the world’s most trusted manufacturer of advanced Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Our marine robotics systems provide innovative and reliable full-picture solutions for the marine research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. Our products represent the most advanced, diversified and field-proven family of AUVs and AUV support systems in the world.
Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed and manufactured at the Hydroid facilities in Pocasset, MA.
Hydroid is seeking a software product manager to lead the definition and implementation of software architecture and integrated product design strategy on Hydroid’s product portfolio.
- Define, staff, and execute Hydroid’s software product roadmap
- Define and implement software architectures focused on scalability, extensibility, testability, and ease of maintenance
- Define and implement a seamless end-to-end software design process that accelerates development and release
- Standardize Hydroid’s Integrated Development Environment to consolidate workflows for maximum development efficiency
- Define and implement best-practice software test and validation practices
- Deploy embedded and application software products in accordance with Hydroid’s software product roadmap
- Inspire, manage and mentor a team of software engineers
- Plan and allocate software development resources
- Through employee development and hiring, build a world-class, motivated product team
- Proactively manage and status product development budgets
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- B.S. (M.S. preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
- 10+ years of software development experience in an enterprise software environment.
- 4-6 years of experience building software products and platforms.
- 4-6 years of management experience in developing commercial software, with proven ability to manage multiple development teams.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, understand and help resolve issues promptly
- Deep knowledge of open architecture concepts and architectures
- Knowledge of Data Distribution Standard (DDS) publish/subscribe middleware and implementation
- Excellent understanding of System & Software architecture & design processes
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Implement and provide API/SDK usage standards, training and technical documentation to enable 3rd party software development.
- Prior complex autonomous systems and/or maritime industry experience preferred
To Apply: https://jobs-hydroid.icims.com...