This position is an early to mid-career software engineering position, adding to our current staff. The candidate will spend significant time on current and new projects working on embedded programming, embedded firmware and application software QA, UI / UX development and third-party sensor integration and testing. Ability to write efficient code for data acquisition, serial communications, digital control, low-level device drivers and user interfaces is important.
Level of hire is dependent on candidate’s qualifications and experience. Specific position qualifications and experience for the ideal candidate should include:
- BS degree in engineering or other post high school education/or equivalent is preferred.
- Proficiency with:
- C# (Entity framework, MVC, WebAPI, OWIN, SignalR, WPF)
- C++ (MFC)
- UI frameworks (JQuery, Bootstrap, NodeJS)
- Python (Flask, WSGI)
- Windows, MacOS and Unix/Linux operating systems
- Serial protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, RS232)
- Revision control and code documentation
- Experience with MATLAB, LabVIEW, Networking desirable
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to create comprehensive documentation and technical support documents related to software release, installation and operation.
- Basic electronics and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to use standard electronic equipment such as multi-meter, power supply, oscilloscope and/or other electronic test equipment. More advanced electrical engineering skills are desirable.
- Familiarity with Persistor Instruments CF2 controllers, Atmel Microcontrollers, Kinetis Microcontrollers, and Single Board Computers is a plus.
This position will be based in our East Falmouth, MA facility, which is a smoke-free work environment. This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Travel may be required.
Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.