Sippican Lands Trust, Inc. Office Manager and Community Outreach Position
Sippican Lands Trust, Inc.
The Sippican Lands Trust, Inc. (SLT) is an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to acquire, preserve and protect land in the Town of Marion for the long-term conservation of open space and to encourage appreciation, knowledge and healthy engagement of the natural world. It was founded in 1974 and has protected 1,375 acres of land with over 13 miles of public trails on over 25 properties in the Town of Marion.
Summary of Position:
The Office Manager and Community Outreach position will work with an outside bookkeeper, the Treasurer, and CPA to ensure the financial health of the organization. Additionally, the Manager will work with a web developer to keep current on the website and social media accounts. The Office Manager and Community Outreach will lead SLT’s efforts to engage the organization's community, grow membership, and work with outside consultants. The successful candidate must demonstrate knowledge of and a passion for open space activities and SLT’s mission. The Manager reports directly to SLT’s president and will work closely with the Chairs and members of our committees.
- Energetic, highly organized, self-starter, diligent, flexible. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Ability to work independently while remaining a strong part of the SLT’s team of volunteers
- Strong writing skills
- Successful experience engaging with the public
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Strong computer skills, including spreadsheet, word processing and poster creation. Familiarity with cloud-based document storage systems. SLT uses DropBox for cloud storage and Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint for word processing, spreadsheets, and posters, Little Green Light for donor base
- Strong skills on social media platforms. SLT uses Facebook and Instagram
- Valid Driver’s license, access to reliable transportation
- Satisfactory Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check
- Bachelor’s Degree and demonstrated successful and relevant experience
Terms of Employment:
This is a part-time position that can range between 20-25 hours per week depending on the successful candidate’s preference. Work schedule is flexible to allow occasional evening and weekend work when events or meetings are scheduled. SLT will provide office space but the candidate may also complete some job duties from home. The successful candidate must be comfortable and competent working alone in the office and on the SLT properties year round, and does not need to be a resident of Marion. The pay is commensurate with experience and will range from $25/hr to $40/hr. There is capacity to grow in the position and take on more of a leadership role.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. The position is considered open until filled. An announcement will be posted on SLT’s website when the position is filled. No phone calls please. Sippican Land Trust, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. SLT aspires to reflect and serve the community of Marion, Massachusetts.