Software Product Manager will lead the definition and implementation of software architecture and integrated product design strategy on our product portfolio.
- Define, staff, and execute our software product roadmap
- Define and implement software architectures focused on scalability, extensibility, testability, and ease of maintenance
- Define and implement a seamless end-to-end software design process that accelerates development and release
- Standardize our Integrated Development Environment to consolidate workflows for maximum development efficiency
- Define and implement best-practice software test and validation practices
- Deploy embedded and application software products in accordance with our software product roadmap
- Inspire, manage and mentor a team of software engineers
- Plan and allocate software development resources
- Through employee development and hiring, build a world-class, motivated product team
- Proactively manage and status product development budgets
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar required
- 20+ years relevant experience required to include:
- 10+ years of software development experience in an enterprise software environment.
- 4-6 years of experience building software products and platforms.
- 4-6 years of management experience in developing commercial software, with proven ability to manage multiple development teams.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, understand and help resolve issues promptly
- Deep knowledge of open architecture concepts and architectures
- Knowledge of Data Distribution Standard (DDS) publish/subscribe middleware and implementation
- Excellent understanding of System & Software architecture & design processes
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Implement and provide API/SDK usage standards, training and technical documentation to enable 3rd party software development.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
- Prior complex autonomous systems and/or maritime industry experience
May require working in an office, industrial, shipboard, or laboratory environment. Capable of climbing ladders and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.