We are looking for a mid-level to senior Product User Experience Designer with strong technical skills to join our product development and marketing teams and report directly to the CTO. Our ideal candidate is driven by a desire to create beautiful, engaging, modern web and mobile application interfaces while taking pride in writing clean, organized UI code. Although our preference is someone who is comfortable designing and coding, we will be happy to consider candidates that are specialists in either front-end coding or visual design as long as you have a strong desire to learn new skills and work outside of your comfort zone.
Our ideal candidate
- You have an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of good design: visual hierarchy, layout, typography, color theory, etc.
- You have an in-depth understanding of software usability heuristics and guidelines.
- You will have experience with usability studies and/or user research.
- Along with web and print design, you have done design work for consumer-facing and mobile web applications.
- You have experience implementing your design ideas in a software product environment.
- You have written style and usability guidelines and built user interfaces that adhere to them.
- You strive for beauty through simplicity.
- You write clean and efficient HTML/CSS.
- You have an interest in the technical side of things and are eager to learn new technologies.
- You are a multi-disciplinary designer comfortable switching between visual design and coding or you’re working hard towards becoming one.
- You are a perfectionist who cares about getting the little details right.
You’re cool but not too cool to have a good time with people less cool than you.
What you'll get to work on
- UI design and implementation for a range of web and mobile applications.
- The whole enchilada: competitive design research, customer journey analysis, information architecture, wireframes, graphic design, mockups, prototyping, and front-end development.
- Development and application of consistent branding and product design standards.
Competitive salary, great benefits, and balance
- We treat our employees well. Health and dental insurance, vacation, professional development, great company culture, and more.
- Work life balance. We understand that you have a life outside work. In fact, we do too!
Along with your resume please send us a link to an online portfolio or some examples of your exceptional work.
This position summary outlines the general nature of the duties and requirements of this position. The Company reserves the right to change, modify or amend the duties and requirements of the position as needed. Convention Data Services is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other class protected by Federal, State, or Local law.