Senior Marine Engineers provide project management, engineering, and environmental permitting for coastal engineering projects including shorefront protection, marinas, piers, wharves, beach stabilization, dredging, and wetland mitigation projects.
Job duties include:
- A variety of in-office and field tasks associated with marine engineering projects obtained by the company.
- Design, manage, and contribute to field data analysis, environmental regulatory review, and engineering tasks.
- Perform project management duties including client relations, scope evaluation, proposal writing, and project cost estimating.
- Establish project budgets and monitor cost tracking of projects.
- Conduct site investigations; prepare and edit technical reports and feasibility studies.
- Review project results, documents, and field data collection programs to verify accuracy and completeness in content and approach.
- Prepare feasibility studies and analysis for determining viable options for coastal engineering and shorefront protection projects.
- Prepare engineering designs and oversee plan preparation for various projects.
- Review environmental regulations and prepare project work plans.
- Work with Permitting Specialist to prepare environmental review application, reports, notices, etc.
- Attend and represent projects at public hearings.
- Preparation of construction bid documents, technical specifications, and contract administration.
- Construction site observations and field reports.
- Assist with marketing strategies to expand company’s market position.
- Report on status of projects, proposals, and marketing efforts to company management.
- Other duties as appropriate.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Ocean Engineering from accredited college with 10+ years of progressively responsible experience.
- Licensed registered Professional Engineer in Massachusetts or ability to obtain registration within 12 months.
- Experience with Wetland and Waterways regulations, Coastal Zone Management policies, and Army Corps of Engineers permitting regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications and in preparing engineering plans using AutoCAD.
- Valid driver’s license.
Coastal Engineering Co., Inc. has offices in Orleans, Sandwich, and Nantucket, all just a few miles from beautiful Cape Cod beaches. Recreational and cultural opportunities abound. The company offers an attractive benefits package including health, dental, disability, and life insurance, 401K, and a generous holiday and paid time off package. EOE.
Please e-mail your resume to Suzanne Sullivan at email@example.com.