Barnstable Clean Water Coalition (BCWC) is a non-profit organization working to restore and preserve clean water in Barnstable. Continuing to build on 20 years of water quality monitoring in the Three Bays estuary, BCWC has expanded the geographic scope of its education, monitoring, mitigation and advocacy programs to protect our ponds, rivers, bays and estuaries.
BCWC is hiring four seasonal Water Stewards to join our team from May thru August, working approximately 30 hours per week.
• Assist staff with fieldwork and educate visitors on Dead Neck Sampson’s Island about coastal water birds, marine wildlife, barrier island habitat and clean water issues
• Educate boaters on clean and green boating practices
• Assist staff with water quality and marine invasive species monitoring
• Educate on clean water issues at community events
• Assist with maintenance of oyster upweller project
• 10:30am to 4:30pm, days vary
• Weekends and holidays required
• May through August, start/end dates negotiable
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be comfortable in and around water, be a capable swimmer, and be able to work outside in the full sun and other weather conditions
• Small boat handling preferred
• Knowledge of coastal ecology, aquatic ecosystems preferred
• Must be comfortable working and communicating with all ages
• Must be able to lift and move 30 pounds
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Heather Rockwell at email@example.com. Application deadline: March 15, 2019.