Vineyard Wind seeks a motivated individual with an interest in learning about the offshore wind energy industry in Massachusetts. This 12-week position is being hired through the MassCEC Clean Energy Internship Program and will begin in January 2020.
Job Duties: This position has a range of responsibilities related to offshore wind project development that may include the following:
- Conducting research projects related to project permitting
- Reviewing historical state and federal permitting documentation
- Assisting with stakeholder outreach events
- Monitoring news outlets and other internet sources for updates on offshore wind
- Attending meetings in an administrative role
- Performing various administrative tasks
- Working with GIS open source software
The ideal candidate possesses high attention to detail and superior written and verbal communication skills. This position is based in our New Bedford offices. Occasional local travel may be required.
Eligibility: The MassCEC Clean Energy Internship Program is open to students currently enrolled in, or have recently graduated within the past year from, a Massachusetts college or university, or they must be a Massachusetts resident, with proof of residency, who attended an out-of-state college or university. Students pursuing a master’s degree are eligible for this program, though Ph.D. candidates are not. Students with an interest in offshore wind and renewable energy are encouraged to apply.