Catalyst Architecture / Interiors is seeking a talented Mid-Level Architect / Designer with 5-10 years of professional experience to support a variety of projects. For more than 50 years, Catalyst has served clients across multiple market sectors, including community-based organizations and non-profits, businesses, multi-family developers and homeowners throughout Cape Cod, Eastern Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. We are searching for an independent and organized individual with the ability to lead all creative and technical aspect of project development, as well as work collaboratively with our team of architects, technical and interior design staff.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
5-10 years of experience in the architecture field
- Well organized, with excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency modelling and creating project documents in Revit
- Ability to work collaboratively and courteously with principals, project team, and outside consultants
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and to multi-task while working on multiple projects
- Technical understanding of building assemblies and systems, and detailing for wood and steel framed buildings
- Knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations and regulatory / permitting processes
Additional skills and qualifications (not required to apply):
Degree in architecture or related design field
- Current architectural registration
- Experience with Sketchup, Enscape, Photoshop or other tools for producing high quality architectural visualizations
- Professional credentials or project experience with LEED, Passive House, Well or other sustainable design experience
- Experience with corporate and / or residential interior design and procurement
(Subject to adjustment based upon firm workload and individual capabilities)
Field measure and prepare accurate existing conditions model
- Participate in the development of project designs throughout all phases
- Develop graphic and written project program documentation
- Prepare graphically compelling project presentations with project team
- Prepare highly detailed design development & construction drawings across all project sectors
- Prepare bid documentation and assist with competitive bidding and contractor selection processes.
- Perform all construction administration phase activities including meetings in the field
- Meet with prospective clients along with principals and support marketing and business development activities (e.g., interview preparation/graphic support)
- Prepare written project correspondence including meeting memoranda
Competitive salary range of $65k-$85k, commensurate with experience. Benefits package including health insurance, paid time off and 401k retirement plan with company match.
$3k signing bonus available for the successful candidate.