Located in the U.S. and a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid is the world’s most trusted manufacturer of advanced Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Our marine robotics systems provide innovative and reliable full-picture solutions for the marine research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. Our products represent the most advanced, diversified and field-proven family of AUVs and AUV support systems in the world.
Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed and manufactured at the Hydroid facilities in Pocasset, MA.
Responsible for mechanical engineering tasks in a production environment. Must be able to work in a fast pace engineering/production environment and meet critical deadlines and have fun doing it. The candidate should be familiar/proficient with SolidWorks as it will be used on a daily basis. Candidate should also be familiar with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications. The successful candidate will:
- Assist engineers in design aspects of various Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), while using design analysis including, but not limited to buoyancy, vibration, stress, and pressure.
- Create concepts for vehicles including tools, jigs and fixtures that meet the requirements desired by the customer and/or Hydroid.
- Investigate and improve models and drawings in SolidWorks to ensure they are current.
- Update Bills of Materials to ensure that they are current and call out the correct parts for ease of manufacturability.
- Collaborate with machine shops and/or our Purchasing Department to have new parts created and support jobs in progress.
- Work on engineering change orders.
- Convert/create drawings in SolidWorks.
- Convert/create models in 3D printing format for our Fortus 250mc printer.
- Assist with the creation of prototype parts and scale models with the 3D printer.
- Occasionally go out with the Hydroid team and help run test missions with the vehicles in open water.
Must be able to work in a fast pace engineering/production environment and meet critical deadlines and have fun doing it. The candidate should be proficient with SolidWorks as it will be used on a daily basis. Candidate should also be familiar with Excel. 3D printing experience is a plus.
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information (“CUI”) and potentially classified information.
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.
To Apply: https://internships-hydroid.ic...