Full Time (40 hours per week)
The Center for Coastal Studies is in search of a Marketing & Events Coordinator who will manage various types of fundraising events and other essential outreach to engage donors and the public. The Coordinator will also be responsible for assisting the Communications Director with marketing plans and design for publications and various electronic media and social media outlets.
• Organize and manage all community outreach, CCS lectures and fundraising events.
• Report and participate in weekly Development Committee meetings.
• Assist with creation and implementation of marketing and communication strategies and materials that effectively engage donors and prospective supporters.
• Create images and layouts that brand CCS and appeal to our demographic of donors.
• Maintain promotional items such as informational packets and various merchandise as needed.
Key Job Requirements
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, email and databases
• Ability to create digital graphic images and proficiency with publication software as needed.
• Demonstrated team work skills and outstanding interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and ability to be a self-starter.
• Superior written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and set priorities; as well as manage time efficiently.
Requirements Associates/Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications; or other adequate degree, and/or sufficient past experience in marketing or communications. Minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in a related field. Proficient with Donor Perfect, MS Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop and social media platforms.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment Job is performed in an office environment, but also has flexibility to work from home part of the time. Day-to-day work includes paper and computer work as well as interaction with staff, guests and volunteers.
Occasional evening and weekend hours for work-related events will be required.
Ability to have transportation to meetings and events.
Ability to lift 30-50 lbs. occasionally to transport items related to events.
Please email applications to Stephanie Richardson, firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and two references in PDF format by August 9, 2019