- Promoting NMLC’s mission through appropriate publications and venues.
- Assisting with donor outreach and communications, including donor tracking, follow-up, and upkeep of the donor database.
- Updating community and website calendars with upcoming events and educational programs.
- Assist in the planning and execution of fundraising events including our annual Mermaid Ball, Feet Fins & Flippers 5K, Deals for Seals Yard Sale, and The Spectacle of the Trees. Specific activities include: Creating event marketing materials, Writing press releases, Managing the 5K t-shirt design competition, Recruiting event sponsors, Recruiting donations for auction and raffle prizes, Helping with event registration and day of preparations
- Maintaining social media outlets: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Maintaining our WordPress website.
- Research potential funding sources and apply for funding through grants and sponsorship programs.
- Update and edit current marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, direct mailings, and educational materials.
- Update NMLC’s marketing plan, social media policy, media policy, & other communications policies
- The internship is open to students who are currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from an accredited college or university.
- Preference will be given to students or recent graduates in marketing, communications, or other related fields.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be outgoing and personable with good social and conversational skills.
- Have knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and blogging
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Summer interns should be available to work from mid-May through mid-August.
- Intern should expect to work 20-24 hours per week, including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- If an intern plans to receive school credit for an internship they must notify staff prior to the internship start date, and it will be the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required paperwork is completed and submitted.
This position is unpaid. Interns must have their own transportation. Housing is not provided, but NMLC will offer suggestions.
To Apply: Send your resume, cover letter, and one letter of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 269, Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts, 02532. Applications must be received by July 1st for the fall semester, November 1st for the spring semester, or March 1st for the summer semester.