Brewster Conservation Trust (BCT) is seeking a Land Stewardship Intern to join our team May – August.
Responsibilities: The intern will work independently and with BCT volunteer teams to assist in stewarding BCT properties under the supervision of the BCT Land Stewardship Coordinator. Activities may include:
- Implementing the land management plans of BCT including brush-mowing, weed- whacking, pruning, and clearing debris on trails and properties
- Improving identified spaces to accommodate public access/use
- Managing invasive plant species; restoring plant and wildlife habitat
- Helping to organize and implement outreach activities and events
- Willingness to perform physical labor in the outdoors in all weather conditions
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to safely operate power equipment (i.e., weed whacker, brush mower)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills; flexibility; self-motivation
- A college student, with enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program in natural sciences, environmental studies, land conservation, or related field preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, etc.), and ArcVIew GIS mapping is preferred
- Experience in landscaping, horticulture, or conservation stewardship a plus
- 30 hours per week with occasional weekend requirements
- Approximate dates: 12 weeks, May 24 – August 13, 2021 (may be adjusted depending upon person’s availability)
- Combination of fieldwork (80%) and office work (20%)
- Schedule flexible, to be coordinated with the position supervisor.
- $5,000 stipend
Please include cover lettr and resume
To Apply: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob...