Land Stewardship Coordinator
Brewster Conservation Trust
The Brewster Conservation Trust (BCT) is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill its Land Stewardship Coordinator position. This is full time position responsible for overseeing, implementing and completing land stewardship policies and activities, including regular maintenance, on over 1500 acres of land owned and/or managed by BCT.
Founded in 1983, BCT’s mission is to preserve open space, natural resources, and the rural character of Brewster and to promote a conservation ethic. The Land Stewardship Coordinator is responsible for overseeing, implementing and completing land stewardship policies and activities, including regular maintenance, on over 1500 acres of land owned and/or managed by BCT. The position involves both office and fieldwork, attendance at meetings and some evening and weekend commitments. The Land Stewardship Coordinator will oversee BCT’s volunteer land steward program and will be responsible for recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers. This position reports to the Executive Director but works closely with the Chair of the Land Stewardship Committee (LSC) and the Brewster Conservation Trust Board of Trustees, through its President.
- Update and maintain land inventory data, develop a maintenance schedule and implement land improvement projects in a timely manner
- Complete initial property surveys on newly acquired properties; create and maintain property books; assign monitors
- Serve as point person and conduct enforcement activities related to encroachment and other issues on properties
- Organize resources, secure necessary permits (e.g., NOI), to effectively implement land stewardship projects
- Organize, oversee and participate in work crew project days and boundary marking projects
- Update land management plans as needed and present for approval
- Oversee stewardship volunteers, AmeriCorps member and summer intern
- Assist with BCT events and programming (Brewster Conservation Day, Volunteer Recognition, Walks and Talks)
Read Full Job Description HERE.
Compensation and Benefits: This is a fulltime position offering a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits.
To Apply: Please submit a single pdf with your cover letter, resume and list of three references to Amy Henderson, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Brewster Conservation Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer