The Brewster Conservation Trust (BCT) is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill its new Land Stewardship Coordinator position.
The Land Stewardship Coordinator is responsible for overseeing, implementing and completing land stewardship policies and activities, including regular maintenance, on over 1300 acres of land owned and/or managed by BCT. The position involves both office and fieldwork, attendance at meetings and some evening and weekend commitments. The Land Stewardship Coordinator will oversee BCT’s volunteer land steward program and will be responsible for recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers. This position reports to the Executive Director, but works closely with the Chair of the Land Stewardship Committee (LSC) and the Brewster Conservation Trust Board of Trustees, through its President.
- Update and maintain land inventory data, develop a maintenance schedule and implement land improvement projects in a timely manner
- Complete baseline study on newly acquired properties; create and maintain property books; assign monitors
- Serve as point person and conduct enforcement activities related to encroachment and other issues on properties
- Work actively on field projects, either alone or leading volunteers
- Update land management plans as needed and present for approval
- Draft stewardship policies as requested
- Prepare land inventory, maps, and baseline documents as requested
For a full job description go to: https://brewsterconservationtrust.org/2014/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/BCT-Land-Stewardship-Posting_web.pdf