Land-Sea Interaction Program Field Assistant
The Center for Coastal Studies
The Center for Coastal Studies has a part-time position available in the Marine Geology department for a Field Assistant. The Field Assistant will support the Land-Sea Interaction Program in an intensive field program documenting past and present land change at Duck Harbor in Wellfleet, MA. Primary duties include sediment coring and processing. Responsibilities will include participating in fieldwork, laboratory work, and data entry and management.
- Coordinate and execute fieldwork, including taking and describing sediment cores (gouge, Russian, vibracore), using RTK-GPS, and taking detailed field notes;
- Assist with sediment core processing;
- Accurately record laboratory data;
- Display tenacity, quick thinking, and problem solving in a challenging field environment;
- Work both independently and as a team member.
Requirements & Work Environment:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or related field.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds outdoors and over uneven terrain in a variety of weather conditions.
- Job Type: Part time, flexible schedule approximately June through August 2023
- Pay Rate: $25/hour
Apply: Send a CV or Resume and Cover Letter to: Employment@coastalstudies.org. Application Deadline is May 26, 2023. No phone calls please. The Center for Coastal Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all background to apply. Diversity of opinions, experiences, and backgrounds is a key asset.