The Center for Coastal Studies has a position available in the Water Quality Monitoring Program for a Laboratory Assistant. The Laboratory Assistant supports the Water Quality Monitoring Program by performing chemical laboratory analysis on water samples. Primary duties include the analysis of marine and fresh water samples for nutrients, chlorophyll, and alkalinity and other duties associated with maintenance of the laboratory work area. This position requires an individual to have a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science or related field and prior experience as a Laboratory Assistant. Applicants must be meticulous, have good written and oral communication skills, and above average problem-solving abilities.
Applicants must be able to perform the following duties:
- Perform chemical water analyses using methods and procedures approved by the EPA.
- Adhere to quality assurance procedures by Mass DEP, EPA, and other regulatory agencies for sample collection, data quality and laboratory instruments. Maintain the QA database and participates in proficiency evaluations and inspections.
- Perform all duties in a manner consistent with company safety procedures for analytical laboratories.
Job Type: Full-time with benefits
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Lab Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Familiarity with standard methods of water quality analysis
- Bachelor's degree (Required)
Non profit science institution seeks laboratory assistant for marine research.