The IS Intern position will provide hands on assistance to the PC Technicians, and occasionally assist and learn from other department positions such as Systems Engineers, Network Engineers, and Security Engineers. The IS Intern will work directly alongside PC Technicians as they upgrade computers, install software, and configure workstations for users throughout the facility.
- Assists in configuring, installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting PC Workstations, applications, and printers.
- Monitors the Help Desk ticketing queue, fielding tickets, and providing resolutions to users. Documents resolutions in online tickets and closes tickets accordingly.
- Attends departmental meetings.
- Shadows systems, security, and network engineers to learn about those fields.
Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that reflects Cape Cod Healthcare’s commitment to CARES: compassion, accountability, respect, excellence and service.
- Currently enrolled in High school or currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Experience in the use of basic PC applications including MS Office suite
Schedule Details: Flexible, Monday-Friday, 7:30a- 4:00p or 8:30a-5:00p, will vary depending on census and ability to schedule access to departments for testing
Organization: Cape Cod Healthcare, Inc.
Primary Location: Hyannis
Department: HCI-IT - Information Systems
Employee Classification: Temporary-Temporary
Weekend Shifts: None
Holiday Shifts: Occasional
Posting Start Date: Jul 7, 2020
Posting End Date: Ongoing