The Vertex Companies, Inc. (VERTEX) is an employee-owned AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction and environmental solutions. We have approximately 500 employees occupying 25+ offices throughout North America. We care about our clients AND our employees so we operate with a constant sense of urgency and always look to add-value. This strategy has allowed us to grow with our clients over the past 24 years at a rate of 30% per year. We have been able to maintain exceptional quality through this constant growth cycle because of our lifetime of learning program which keeps us ahead of the curve in a constantly evolving economy. Bottom line…we deliver.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
We are currently seeking an Industrial Hygiene Building Sciences (IHBS) Field Technician to support project work in the Massachusetts and Regional area offices, during and after normal business hours. Work duties follow the Massachusetts Department of Labor Standards (MassDLS) and Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) regulations, EPA's National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPs) regulations, EPA’s Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) regulations as well as Occupational Safety and Health’s (OSHA) General Industry and Construction Standards.
- Perform and/or assist with inspections/assessments, building material sampling, water sampling and/or air monitoring related to IHBS
Education and Experience
- Minimum Two-year Associates Degree in an Environmental Field.
- Entry Level- 2 years
- Current Asbestos Project Monitor Training and Mass DLS Certification is a plus.
- National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) 582 Certification is a plus.
- Current Asbestos Inspector Training and MassDLS Certification is a plus.
- Additional certifications/licenses for other services, including mold, lead-based paint, and other environmental services is a plus.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of EPA’s NESHAPs and AHERA regulations as well as MassDLS and MassDEP asbestos regulations, and guidance documents.
- Understand the use of Personal Protective Equipment, including the use of respirators and current fit test and medical surveillance for IHBS projects.
- The ability to prepare clear, concise oral and written reports;
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, and to maintain harmonious internal and external relationships.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Word and Excel for reporting and/or data entry.
- Safe driving record.
- Ability to travel regionally between 80% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs; ranging from a few days to a few weeks. Position may occasionally involve a client site assignment lasting several months at a time.