The Vertex Companies, Inc. (VERTEX) is an employee-owned AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction and environmental solutions. We have approximately 500 employees occupying 25+ offices throughout North America. We care about our clients AND our employees so we operate with a constant sense of urgency and always look to add-value. This strategy has allowed us to grow with our clients over the past 24 years at a rate of 30% per year. We have been able to maintain exceptional quality through this constant growth cycle because of our lifetime of learning program which keeps us ahead of the curve in a constantly evolving economy. Bottom line…we deliver.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
The Vertex Companies, Inc. is looking for an IHBS Intern that will enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment. The IHBS Intern will assist senior-level staff by providing support with environmental projects. Please find specific details described below.
- Provide office support for field investigations and IHBS activities.
- Record site data in database and spreadsheet format.
- Figure and table creation.
- Assist senior staff to prepare environmental documents and submittals.
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with co-workers, supervisors and subcontractors.
- Able to work with minimal oversight but take direction from senior-level managers.
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Currently enrolled in an Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Geology, or related program at an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience in field work, or comparable college coursework.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe.
- OSHA-10 or -30 certification preferred.
- OSHA-40 Hazwoper certification preferred.