Coonamessett Farm Foundation, Inc. (CFF) is looking to fill a full-time Fisheries Science Trainer position for its Northeast Groundfish At-Sea Monitoring (ASM) training program. The selected candidate will be required to work on-site at our East Falmouth, MA location and complete a federal background check after hire. This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education, range between ~$50,000 to ~$60,000.
● Train observers in program protocols, at-sea data protocols, identification, and paper logs ● Perform training trips and be able to support all training gear types offered ● Assist with the coordination of training materials, supplies, grades, and agendas ● Participate in administrative meetings, planning, and preparation of written reports ● Assist in training updates and agenda building and modification as needed ● Interface with observer provider companies and government employees and contractors
● Prior Observer, Monitor, or Fisheries Sampling experience
○ Fisheries experience in the US Northeast region is preferred but not required ● Bachelor’s degree in a biological or environmental science, natural resources, or related field of study
● Ability to work offshore and pass basic ASM fitness guidelines
● Public speaking and/or lesson planning experience
Please send CV and cover letter with 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org