Full-time Farm Manager for a Barnstable-based organic produce farm starting February 2021.
We are searching for a Farm Manager(s) with good business sense to join Harvest Moon Farms. Responsibilities include the following:
- Monitoring, training, and directing staff in all aspects of an organic farm operation
- Managing greenhouse operations
- Planting crops (and/or overseeing same)
- Preparing and updating crop plans
- Maintaining growing beds, including irrigation, weed and pest control
- Harvesting and processing produce for sale, including maintaining inventory records
- Overseeing and participating in “pick and pack” operations
- Interfacing with customers
- Maintaining appropriate inventory levels of fertilizers, compost, and supplies
- Maintaining farm equipment
- An ideal candidate should have a degree in agriculture---or otherwise actual experience in working on a garden market produce
- Flexible to work overtime if the need arises
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with “Tend” (crop planning and management tool) and “Barn2Door” (ecommerce software) helpful
- Experience with “garden market” farm equipment, such as Jang Seeders, BSC walk-behind tractors, irrigation systems, etc.
- Experience with greenhouse operations and related equipment.
Negotiable and commensurate with experience. Compensation package will include healthcare benefits, retirement savings plan, paid leave. An “on the farm” residence (newly renovated antique house) may also be available for qualified candidates.
An Important Note:
We would be happy consider hiring two managers----husband and wife, a couple, friends.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and contact information to:
Equal Opportunity Employer Disclosure:
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.