Be appreciated for a job well done. That is exactly what it is like working for the Natives of Kodiak family of companies. KOMAN Government Solutions, LLC (KGS), a wholly-owned 8(a) subsidiary of the Natives of Kodiak, an Alaska Native Corporation, provides environmental investigation, remediation, munitions and explosives of concern support, operations and maintenance (O&M), long-term monitoring (LTM), and construction services to our Federal clients.
We have an immediate need for a detail-oriented Field Operations Lead to manage groundwater LTM activity in support of groundwater remediation of the ranges at Joint Base Cape Cod (JBCC) in Bourne, MA. This is a full-time, on-site position.
The Field Operations Lead will manage all aspects of the LTM program, including scheduling year-round sampling events; coordinating and communicating all field activity with the on-site sampling personnel, KGS management, JBCC Range Control, and US Army Corps of Engineers; maintenance of sampling equipment and supplies; coordination with analytical laboratories; review and upload of field data to the database, and preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual reports. This position also requires scheduling, coordinating, and communicating road and well maintenance activity; a general familiarity with the JBCC ranges groundwater treatment systems; interaction with the system O&M operators to obtain information for weekly, monthly, and annual reports, and scheduling, coordinating, and communicating all planned and unplanned maintenance and repair activity.
In this role the Field Operations Lead will:
- Plan, coordinate, and communicate all field activity to ensure completion on time and within budget
- Lead safety efforts and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Create and model a safe work environment; serve as the designated Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
- Promote adherence to quality standards and practices for field work and reporting
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Maintain a consistent presence at the work site during working hours (this is not a remote work assignment)
- Maintain a high-level of effective internal and external communication
- Support equipment, materials, laboratory and subcontractor procurements in conjunction with Project Manager and Senior Technical staff
- Assist in customer meetings to ensure there is a complete understanding of the project and any current issues or outstanding questions
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, geology, hydrogeology or other science background
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in field sampling for chemical/hazardous waste remediation projects
- 40-hour hazardous waste training with current 8-hour refresher (HAZWOPER certification)
- OSHA 30 hour Construction training
- OSHA 8 hour HAZWOPER Supervisor training
- Current First Aid/CPR/Blood-borne Pathogen training
- Demonstrated expertise in on-site laboratory techniques
- Formal education or training in field sampling at HTRW sites, particularly at JBCC
- Professional registration or certification, in their respective field, where applicable or available
As a Federal Contract Employer, KOMAN Families of Companies follows Federal Laws as it pertains to drug testing. All candidates who receive a written offer of employment will be required to undergo drug testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with Federal Law. It is important to note although a State may have legalized a controlled substance, if the controlled substance is illegal per Federal Law, it is then considered to be illegal. KOMAN Families of Companies is a Drug-Free Workplace. Successful completion of a background and DMV record check also must be completed prior to hire.