Responsible for assembly, test and debugging of electrical machine components of capital equipment machinery. Assumes ownership for assigned tasks and completing work on a timely and quality basis. Adheres to standard procedures and production schedules; however must also be able to troubleshoot and problem solve, as required by the job at hand. Must have ability to juggle multiple priorities and be customer-focused. Also needs to be a self-starter and take direction well from supervisor. Good electrical skills are required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assembles electrical machine components - working from shop orders, bill of materials, blueprints, schematics and written/verbal instructions.
- Notifies Work Lead and/or Supervisor regarding any discrepancies in engineering/manufacturing. Offers recommendations to solve problems.
- Documents on drawings changes made during assembly
- Tests, debugs, dis-assembles, modifies, reworks and re-assembles electrical machine components when necessary.
- Maintains a clean, safe and healthy work environment. Reports any safety issues, including “near misses” and accidents as soon as possible.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates machine and trains customers at machine acceptance, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor in the event of special projects or unplanned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED AND PREFERRED:
High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required. Three+ years of previous experience as an Industrial Electrician in wiring capital equipment. Certificate program or advanced training in electrical a plus. Continuous improvement in skill-set required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
Manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use hand tools. Visual acuity to interact with computer terminal, design prints and written instructions. Communication skills to interact with others. Tolerance to eye and upper/lower body stress associated with extended periods working with machinery and standing/walking. Mobility to climb step ladders and equipment. Periodic lifting of up to 35 lbs. (e.g., machine parts). Routine machine shop environment on ground floor.
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial Electrician: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Other types of insurance