Located in the U.S. and a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid is the world’s most trusted manufacturer of advanced Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Our marine robotics systems provide innovative and reliable full-picture solutions for the marine research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. Our products represent the most advanced, diversified and field-proven family of AUVs and AUV support systems in the world.
Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed and manufactured at the Hydroid facilities in Pocasset, MA.
Applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering to research, develop, design, and test electrical components, equipment, and systems. Support both engineering and manufacturing in the design of new and existing product.
Design and document electrical system architecture and hardware design.
- Proficient in the design of electrical & electronics systems, firmware coding and circuit simulation.
- Proficient with industry design tools and engineering system processes.
- Lead functional members to achieve project goals in electrical design.
- Employ Dfx principles to improve quality and product maturity.
- Lead electrical system and assembly design from concept through first article, final system integration and delivery.
- Assist in electrical and electronics equivalent components research to resolve manufacture or material shortages.
- Develop cost, schedule and engineering estimates.
- Mentor and guide lower level employees.
- Travels to offsite and possibly oversees locations as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BS in) in Electrical Engineering from four-year college or university, or BSEE equivalent; minimum 8 – 10 years related experience
- MSEE preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Underwater systems design or manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, OrCAD, Deltek Costpoint or similar ERP system, Atlassian JIRA, MATLAB and familiarity with EPDM software.
- The ideal candidate is an individual that can work in a fast paced environment; with a high attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and enthusiastic attitude.
To Apply: https://jobs-hydroid.icims.com...