As an Intern, you will be given the opportunity to grow and develop in your chosen field, as well as help shape the course of our business and industry.
You will need to work effectively as a member of an operating team, which means good communication and interpersonal skills are important. Finally, you will have the unique opportunity to explore different PLC, SCADA, and HMI projects and identify what an Automation & Controls Engineer at GHD does on a day-to-day basis.
Your day-to-day responsibilities in this role will include:
- Assisting with the setup and configuration of computer workstations in preparation for SCADA software
- Installing and performing the base configuration of various SCADA, alarm notification, and reporting software
- Run tests on existing SCADA system software
- Performing review of contractor shop drawing submittals
- Participating in facility tours and the development and maintenance of punch lists
- Maintenance of team standards, files, and databases
- Design control system networks and instrumentation systems
- Learning automation and process control software development packages and techniques
For success in this position, you will bring the following skills and qualifications to GHD:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Automation Engineering or related field
- A basic understanding of the field of automation, including the purpose of PLCs, Ethernet networks, cyber security, level/pressure/flow/analytical instrumentation
- Enthusiasm for learning about and experiencing an engineering consulting environment
- Ability to provide feedback and recommend alternative options on project tasks
- An interest and ability to develop and refine technical skills throughout the internship
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both within a team and independently
To Apply: https://ghdltd.taleo.net/caree...