Launched in 2015 by the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce, Expedition Blue (formerly the Cape Cod Blue Economy Project) is a regional initiative to promote and sustain a maritime-focused economy on Cape Cod, the islands of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket, and southern Plymouth County. This effort builds on existing tourism industries, world-class marine research and technology cluster, and sustainable use planning dedicated to preserving our environment and quality of life. The blue economy acknowledges that the environment is our economy. It recognizes the vast role that water - both salt and fresh, plays in our everyday life, and the importance of finding a sustainable and symbiotic course for the future.
Reporting to the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce CEO, the Development Consultant will plan, design, and implement a development and fundraising program to provide for the short, and long-term needs of the organization’s Expedition Blue initiative to support the execution of the Cape Cod Blue Economy Project Implementation Plan.
- Works with the CEO to develop, execute, and deliver a fundraising strategy
- Identify prospects, solicit and foster donor base, develop and maintain relationships
- Develop and execute donor management plan including maintenance of financial records
- Plans fundraising events that effectively communicate the purpose of the organization
- Produces relevant and informative fundraising and brand collateral
- Responsible for annual minimum fundraising goal
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in typical office software systems such as Microsoft Office
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years’ experience, or a similar combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience in developing and executing strategies for donor retention and growth
- Knowledge and/or experience in water-based economic sectors preferred
- Experience with grant research and writing a plus
Additional Background Resources