Are you looking to combine your love of the outdoors and working with children this summer on beautiful scenic Cape Cod?
Wellfleet Bay Nature Day Camp resides on our 1100-acre coastal wildlife sanctuary and is seeking individuals to foster experiential nature-based learning for campers. We aim to promote positive youth development, stewardship for the environment, and a respectful and inclusive safe space for all our campers. Children will range from grades K-8, and staff will most likely work with similar age groups all summer.
- Working with a partner to develop, plan, and implement age-appropriate nature-based lessons and daily activities for children
- Supervise camper health and safety
- Ability to abide by current Massachusetts COVID19 health/safety guidelines throughout the camp day
- Experience working with children outdoors, or in an educational setting
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain in various weather conditions
- Helpful to have or be working towards a Bachelor’s in Environmental Studies, Biology, Education, or related field.
- Must be First Aid and CPR certified in Child, Infant and Adult before first day of work, (Training with Mass Audubon may be available)
- Familiarity with Cape Cod natural history, marine biology, wildlife conservation, or other surrounding natural history topics
- Housing on Cape Cod
Compensation and Benefits
Salary starting at $13.75/hr with potential for increase based on experience.
This is a full-time/seasonal position / 40hrs per week from June 21st through September 3rd
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and employment application (can be found on Mass Audubon website under the Jobs page), and list of three references to Morgan Peck, Day Camp Director, Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, PO Box 236, South Wellfleet, MA 02663 or to:
Morgan Peck, Day Camp Director