GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
The Wastewater Engineering team in our Hyannis, MA office is looking to bring on board a Civil Drafter to collaborate with our group of senior level designers and drafters in preparing work plans and construction documents. These projects will include topographic surveys and water, wastewater & drainage pipelines.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and editing of plans, designs, etc.
- Performing project tasks and making technical decisions with the mentorship of your supervisor
- Preparing initial draft of routine correspondence, standardized documents, construction plans and other construction related documents for internal review
For success in this role, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting/Design, Civil Engineering Technology or similar field
- 0-3 years of drafting experience with AutoCAD v. 2010 or higher
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D is desired but not required
- Experience with ARCMAP 10.1 beneficial but not a requirement
GHD is a large, well established organization with a culture that promotes safety, teamwork, integrity and respect. As a valued member of the business, you will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and to develop your career through the GHD Business School.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
If you have a passion for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter via GHD’s careers website: https://ghd.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=HYA00029&lang=en.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.