Assistant Ground Water Sampler
Be appreciated for a job well done. That is exactly what it is like working for the Natives of Kodiak family of companies. KOMAN Government Solutions, LLC (KGS), a wholly-owned 8(a) subsidiary of the Natives of Kodiak, an Alaska Native Corporation, provides environmental investigation, remediation, munitions and explosives of concern support, operations and maintenance (O&M), long-term monitoring (LTM), and construction services to our Federal clients.
We have an immediate need for a detail-oriented Assistant Groundwater Sampler to support groundwater remediation of the ranges at Joint Base Cape Cod (JBCC) in Bourne, MA. This is a full-time, on-site, year-round, position collecting groundwater samples from monitoring wells.
In this role the Assistant Groundwater Sampler will:
- Work as part of a two-person team
- Assure that all samples are collected, labeled, and handled in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Calibrate and use field test equipment to record measurements of pH, conductivity, ORP, dissolved oxygen, and turbidity
- Record detailed, legible field notes
- Maintain a high-level of effective internal and external communication with project team members, client representatives, and Range Control
- Follow all safety rules and guidelines
- Promote adherence to quality standards and practices for field work and reporting
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or other science-related background
- Zero to two years experience in collection of environmental field samples
- Extraordinary penmanship
- OSHA 40-hour hazardous waste training with current 8-hour refresher (HAZWOPER certification)
KGS offers outstanding benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401k match and life/disability benefits. Apply today.
As a Federal Contract Employer, KOMAN Families of Companies follows Federal Laws as it pertains to drug testing. All candidates who receive a written offer of employment will be required to undergo drug testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with Federal Law. It is important to note although a State may have legalized a controlled substance, if the controlled substance is illegal per Federal Law, it is then considered to be illegal. KOMAN Families of Companies is a Drug-Free Workplace. Successful completion of a background and DMV record check also must be completed prior to hire.