Barnstable Clean Water Coalition (BCWC) is a non-profit organization working to restore and preserve clean water throughout Barnstable.
Interns assist with the care of oysters and maintenance of upweller tank located on Hyannis Harbor. In addition, interns will be involved with water quality and marine invasive species monitoring programs at several locations in the town of Barnstable.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the daily care of oysters at off-site upweller tank on Hyannis Harbor.
- Sort and track growth of oysters.
- Clean and maintain upweller and equipment.
- Collect and analyze water samples from upweller and harbor.
- Data entry and processing of oyster and water quality data in Excel.
- Assist with community outreach and education on oysters and water quality.
- Assist with other water sampling programs and marine invasive species monitoring.
- Assist BCWC staff with other duties as needed.
Weekly stipend offered. Interns must provide own housing and transportation.
- Internship is open to students or recent graduates, 18 years or older, currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a college or university with a major/degree in marine/environmental science, ecology, biology, or related disciplines.
- Knowledge of shellfish aquaculture and water quality monitoring.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Comfortable communicating with people of all ages.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working outside in all conditions.
Please note that you must provide your own housing and transportation for this position.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references (name, email, phone number and affiliation to applicant).
The link to apply: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob...