Aquaculture & Water Quality Internship
Barnstable Clean Water Coalition
Barnstable Clean Water Coalition (BCWC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a mission to restore and preserve clean water throughout Barnstable.
Aquaculture & Water Quality Interns are primarily responsible for growing oysters in BCWC’s demonstration upweller tank. In addition, interns will assist with water quality sampling and marine invasive species monitoring in the Three Bays estuary and at sites in the town of Barnstable.
Part-time, seasonal: June through August
Hours: Flexible, including weekends, minimum 25 hours/week
Interns must provide own housing and have reliable transportation. Weekly stipend offered along with mileage reimbursement per current IRS rate.
- Internships open to students, 18 years or older, currently enrolled in or recently graduated from college or university with major/degree in marine, environmental or natural sciences, or related field.
- Knowledge of shellfish aquaculture and water quality monitoring preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Comfortable communicating and interacting with public.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Comfortable working in field conditions, including full sun and on the water.
How To Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by Friday, February 25th.