his Audubon volunteer position involves learning to care for and handle our animal ambassadors, including turtles, snakes, frogs, invertebrates and birds.
- Volunteer position
- Internship available
- Work study students welcome
- Service learning or course work requirements welcome
Supervisor: Education Specialist
- Follow all Audubon safety guidelines and quality standards in the husbandry and handling of animals.
- Assist with the care and feeding of animals, including prepping food, cleaning tanks, cages and equipment,
- and conducting enrichment activities.
- Learn to handle reptiles, invertebrates and birds under the guidance of Audubon staff.
- Practice public presentation skills using live animals.
- 1 – 3 days/week;
- 3 – 5 hours/day
- Winter/Spring 2019
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Experience with animals preferred.
- Responsible, patient and detail oriented.
- Willingness to take direction, accept feedback, ask questions and practice skills.
- Willingness to get wet and dirty on occasion doing tank and cage cleaning.
- Have reliable transportation to and from Bristol location.