Falmouth Volunteers In Public Schools, Inc. Service Description: The Falmouth Volunteers In Public Schools program, in collaboration with Falmouth Public Schools is seeking applicants for a Massachusetts Promise Fellowship fellow to help implement the Pathways Program.
The Pathways Program is designed for students in grades 7-12 who are at risk of leaving school early. The Fellow will work as part of a dynamic team led by the Falmouth VIPS executive director and the district’s head of guidance to plan and implement Out of School Time activities and opportunities focused on career and college exploration that align with student interests and aptitudes.
● Identify students who meet criteria for Pathways Program and oversee student onboarding process
● Administer assessments and surveys of participants to gather information used to plan events, field trips, guest speakers, and meetings
● Facilitate meetings with student participants to establish rapport, set program expectations, and create supportive team environment
● Participate in monthly Pathways Program advisory board meetings
● Assist with development of community partnerships that will benefit students and align with their interests, career goals, and post-high school plans
● Complete program evaluation requirements including but not limited to preparing monthly reports, a youth attendance tracker, and time sheets.
● Travel at least once/month for Fellowship meetings, retreats, and training throughout the state
● High school diploma required; some college education preferred
● Experience working with youth in leadership or advisory capacity
● Comfortable running meetings, organizing events
● Experience working with community organizations helpful but demonstrated ability to effectively communicate is critical Strong written and verbal skills necessary
● Experience with basic software programs (Microsoft office),video conferencing platforms, and social media
● Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities
● Must be a US Citizen, US National or Permanent Resident Alien
● Must be willing to undergo a National Service Criminal History Check, including screenings through the National Sex Offender Public Website, a name-based search of the statewide criminal history registry both in Massachusetts and your state of residence upon application to our program (if not Massachusetts), and a fingerprints based FBI check. *Eligibility to participate in MPF is contingent on the results of this screening
● Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Fellow Service
Location: 874 Gifford St, Falmouth, MA 02540 Site Contact Name: Tracey Crago Site Contact Email: email@example.com Benefits For an eleven month, full-time commitment and 1,700 hours of AmeriCorps service Fellows receive: A taxable living allowance of up to $18,000/year ♦ Excellent training opportunities ♦ FREE courses at Northeastern University in the College of Professional Studies & discounted courses upon successfully completing the service year ♦ Loan forbearance and an up to $6,345 educational award ♦ Travel allowance to MPF Meetings ♦Career coaching and support ♦ Healthcare benefits Contact Information Apply ASAP! Applicants are hired on a rolling basis. Visit MPF Application 2021 to complete a general application as soon as possible.
For more information: file:///C:/Users/Sam/Downloads/21-22%20Falmouth%20Volunteers%20In%20Public%20Schools,%20Inc.%20.docx.pdf